Palmer’s Visions of a Sustainable World
After Louis Palmer had traveled around the world in the Solartaxi, he continued to carry out important major projects for the sake of “sustainability”. All projects focus on conserving planet earth as a livable habitat for mankind.
Some of the major projects he accomplished:
• the construction of a school building in Afghanistan for 750 pupils
• the foundation of a wildlife resort on the island of Zanzibar to provide a home for the few local leopards still alive
• the Switchbus project which offers guided tours through a UNESCO biosphere reserve in Switzerland using an electric bus
• A race with boats made out of PET bottles on Lake Zurich in 2013
• Preparations for a preservation project of the rainforest in Amazonia
All these projects can be a topic or a “component” of a lecture.